13 June 2012

Moura

You've found yourself in Moura? Oh, are you working in the mines? No? Then do you have family or friends here? No?? Then you must be quite lost. 

 Moura is a quaint mining town in east-central Queensland, and I found myself here for a long weekend for the second reason above. My friend grew up here and we made the 8 hour drive to have a visit. We stayed with his mom, but I did notice at least one motel in town if you do find yourself lost here! The people are lovely, I enjoyed meeting new friends and their family's. Though we just hung out and had drinks at home, I'm told there is a pub in town, and if you happen through on Sunday, playing pool is free! The park looked like a ton of fun for kids, and there are plenty of picnic tables where you could enjoy lunch from a local hangout, Karinya's. We had pizza, but they have a variety of options on the menu! There is also a river not too far out of town, and a viewing point for the mines. My friends' mom said sometimes you can't see anyone working, but lucky for us they were working by the roads the weekend we were there! All in all, it was a wonderful visit. If you do find yourself in Moura, I'd highly recommend getting to know the locals. Lovely people!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE little mining towns! They are SO much fun to go metal detecting in ;-) Glad you're having a great time down there! :-)

    ReplyDelete